New Student

South Piedmont programs can be explored by visiting the Areas of Study or for a more targeted approach, you may use the Career Counseling services available by emailing counselors@spcc.edu.

As part of the Application for Admission, you will be required to complete the Residency Determination Service. Upon completion, you will receive your Residency Certification Number (RCN), which must be provided on the application prior to submission. If you do not have Internet access, please visit Student Services on either campus or your local public library.

Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and allow five (5) business days for South Piedmont to receive your information. You will be notified of any additional steps by email from finaid@spcc.edu. We also offer scholarship from generous donors, as well as from sources outside of the college. Apply for scholarships here after you have applied for admission.

Request official transcripts from all previous schools attended (high school, high school equivalency, and college transcripts). Official transcripts must be submitted via an electronic transcript service at admissions@spcc.edu or mailed directly from the institution to South Piedmont at SPCC Admissions Office, P.O. Box 126, Polkton, NC 28135. 

Students that submit official college transcripts showing degree completion of bachelor’s degree are not required to submit high school transcripts unless applying to a nursing program.

All foreign transcripts (secondary and post-secondary) must be evaluated and translated by an authorized evaluation company at the student’s expense.

IMPORTANT:  Unofficial (student issued, faxed, or e-mailed) transcripts will not be accepted. SPCC evaluates all college transcripts. If you receive transfer credit, you will receive an email at your South Piedmont email address once your transcript evaluation is complete. College credit that has been awarded can be viewed on your transcript found on your GO! Student Portal.

Once all official transcripts are received, you will be notified by email if Placement Testing is needed. Testing will not be required if:

  • United States high school graduate within 10 years of enrollment
  • Earned an Associate’s degree or higher
  • Have transferable college credits for English or math
  • Qualifying SAT or ACT scores within 10 years of enrollment

Students not meeting the above criteria may need Placement Testing.

Once your admissions file is complete, you will meet with an advisor on campus in the Advising Center or email advising@spcc.edu to set up a distance advising appointment.

What's My Path?