Would you like to improve your reading, writing and communications skills? SPCC offers free literacy tutoring services for adults on campus or at your local library. This service is a no-cost way to get help with:
- learning to read
- improving your reading skills
- improving your vocabulary
- improving your overall communication skills
- learning to read, write and speak the English language
If you or someone you know would like to participate in our tutoring program, please contact Literacy Services Director R.J. Lightsey at 704-290-5261.
If you would like to print a flyer to share with someone in your life, you can download our informational PDF.
Help Others Improve Their Literacy Skills
You can make a difference in someone’s life by volunteering to be a literacy tutor with SPCC.
Volunteering is easy and important. There are only a few requirements:
- a high school diploma or equivalent (GED, HiSET, or TASC)
- complete the in-house training
- a passion for helping others with crucial life skills
If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact R.J. Lightsey at email@example.com or 704-290-5261.
Literacy Services in the News
Program Contact Information
R.J. Lightsey, Literacy Services Director
704-290-5261 or firstname.lastname@example.org