SPCC’s Compass Education Program is an academic-based program for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Our purpose is to help students gain the needed math, reading, writing and soft skills required for higher education and employment. As a transition step from the basic Compass Education classes, we offer pathway programs (Academies) that support students through specific Continuing Education courses. Prospective students for Compass Education must be readers with the goal of transitioning to a higher level of education and/or employment.
About the Program
- Year round
- Customized for students
- Develop soft skills
- Prepare for employment
- Prepare for higher education
Who can enroll?
- Adults who attended Occupational Course of Study (OCS), Transition to Adulthood (TTA) courses, or followed a Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in high school
- Readers with the goal of higher education or employment
- Food Service Academy
- Heritage Arts Production Academy
- Aquaponics Academy (Spring 2022)
- Pet Care for Retail Academy (Fall 2022)
To enroll in our Compass Education program, please contact the program coordinator, Robin Rowland, to schedule an interview and placement assessment.