Admissions Process

Admissions Procedure

1) Complete Residency Determination System.

Your Residency Certification Number (RCN) must be provided on your application. Required for all applicants.

2) Complete the SPCC Application for Admission.  
If you do not have access to the Internet, you may use our library to complete this part of the process or visit your local public library.

3) Apply for Federal Financial Aid Assistance (; apply for SPCC College Scholarships.

4) Submit official high school or high school equivalent transcripts to the SPCC Admissions Office, P.O. Box 126, Polkton, NC 28135.

  • It is your responsibility to request this transcript from the appropriate educational institution and pay any applicable fees.
  • Official transcripts should be mailed directly from the high school, high school equivalency office, or adult high school to SPCC. Unofficial (student issued, faxed, or e-mailed) transcripts will not be accepted.
  • If you graduated from the high school equivalency program at South Piedmont Community College, you may request a copy of your scores from SPCC’s Basic Skills Department in lieu of an official transcript.
  • If you plan to submit a high school transcript from non-public institutions or online high school programs, you must contact South Piedmont Community College’s Admissions Office to determine if the transcript is acceptable for admission into your program of study.
  • Students with a bachelor’s degree or higher that submit official college transcripts showing degree completion are not required to submit high school transcripts unless applying for a health program.

5) Submit official transcripts from all colleges listed on your application.

  • Electronic Transcripts sent through a secure site (ie. Scrip-safe, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.) are considered official.
  • A Request for Transcript Evaluation Form must be completed and sent to the Registrar for evaluation of prior course transfer credit.
  • All foreign transcripts (secondary and post-secondary) must be evaluated and translated by an authorized evaluation company at the student’s expense.

6) Most students will not need to take a Placement Test. Determination of need cannot be made until all official transcripts have been received. Prepare for and take the College Placement Test (CPT).

Schedule Appointment

7) Complete orientation.

8) Register for classes as a new student with the Advising Center.

9) Pay for your classes at the Business Office.

10) Have your Student ID made and get your parking sticker in the library and purchase your textbooks.

New students are urged to complete admissions requirements two weeks prior to registration. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements; see Admissions for details. It is imperative to start the admission process early as course placement and Placement Test need cannot be made without official transcripts which could delay registration.


If you have not enrolled for two consecutive semesters (spring and fall), you must reapply for admission to the College. Copies of academic transcripts and placement testing may be required. If you have been suspended for academic or disciplinary reasons, you must consult with the Vice President of Student Services.

SPCC does not offer international student visas at this time. Students with international student visas from neighboring institutions may enroll at SPCC with official verification of full-time attendance at the original institution. SPCC does not have housing facilities, living accommodations, or associated support programs for individuals from other countries. Students are responsible for their own transportation.