APPLY NOW! This fast paced 3-day virtual education program will provide a comprehensive understanding of government certifications and contracting. If you’re a small, women-owned or minority business seeking to get in or amp up your government contracting game this program is for you!
Take your knowledge to the next level when it comes to government certifications and contracts by learning:
- Certification options, the benefits of certification, and the steps to become certified.
- The purpose of a capability statement and how to market your business to the government.
- How to pitch to land your first or next local government contract including components of a successful bid, the bid process and types of contract awards.
Accepted program participants will:
- complete an application for a small business certification
- complete a capability statement questionnaire and begin drafting their capability statement.
- receive templates, resources, and contacts at local and state agencies
In addition to training hours, all participants will have an opportunity to receive one-on-one business counseling targeted to the need of their business.
The next cohort of Fast Track to Contracts will begin in December to help businesses prepare to compete for contracts in the new year. The training will be virtual through WebEx and the sessions will meet from 9 am – 12:15 pm. Those applying must be able to attend all three training dates.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Thursday, December 15, 2022
LaPronda I. Spann is the Principal and Chief Visionary Architect of Lain Consulting LLC, an award winning, certified minority owned-business enterprise and full-service consulting firm specializing in diversity certification support services, supplier growth planning, program development and government contracting. Since 2012, LaPronda has been responsible for the successful procurement of $2.3 million in grants and contracts from public and private foundations, local and state government for local and regional clients as well as Lain Consulting.