SPCC plans to operate on a normal schedule Monday, December 10, unless road conditions deteriorate overnight.
Commencement exercises are conducted at the end of the spring semester for all students who complete ALL coursework by the end of the summer term. This includes students completing graduation requirements from Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019.
*2019 Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 9th @ 6:00 pm
Union County Agricultural Center
*The 2019 Commencement Ceremony will be for students that complete a diploma or degree. The Academic Affairs department will provide recognition for students completing certificates.
**Graduation tickets will be determined after the March 1st graduation requirements deadline. Graduation requirements include: completed graduation application (including advisor signature, purchase of cap & gown OR approval by the Registrar’s Office, and payment of all fees.
Extra tickets are not available. Students that complete all graduation requirements after March 1st will receive a reduced number of tickets.
1. Meet with your program advisor to review your graduation status and sign your graduation application
The following are the minimum requirements for graduation. (*Some departments may have additional
requirements applicable only to that department.)
2. Pay graduation fees at the Business Office **March 1st
$20.00 – participation in graduation, includes degree, diploma, or certificate and cover
$5.00 for each additional degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
3. Purchase cap, gown, and tassel at the bookstore – SPCC Bookstore **March 1st
Cap, gown, and tassel – $43.00 + tax
Individually: Gown – $30, Cap – $7, Tassel – $6
All graduates must submit a graduation application in order to receive their degree, diploma, and/or certificate, regardless of whether or not they plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please submit a separate application for each degree, diploma, and/or certificate. Submit your signed GRADUATION APPLICATION to the Registrar’s Office.
Classic Photography & Imaging
Photos will be available online 72 hours after your commencement ceremony.
1. Can I request extra tickets? You may check with other participating graduates for extra tickets. The Registrar’s Office will not provide additional tickets.
2. My sister is only 2 years old. Does she need a ticket? Yes, due to fire marshal code, tickets will be collected at the door for each person entering, regardless of age or seat location.
3. Where do I pick up my tickets?
You will pick up your tickets at whichever campus you stated you on your graduation application, no later than the day before graduation.
4. I can’t pick up my tickets, what do I do?
Email the registrar’s office email@example.com and let them know you are giving permission for “X” to pick them up (picture ID is required).
**There is NO ticket pick up the day of graduation.
5. Can I leave my tickets for guests to pick up at the door?
No No ticket – no entry
6. Is there a dress code for graduation? Yes, NO alterations or changes to your regalia, including caps, are to be made. Appropriate attire under your academic regalia includes the following:
– Dark colored dress pants or slacks for men
– Dark colored dress pants, slacks, dresses, or skirts below the knee for women
– Dark colored dress shoes or nice sandals ( No flip-flops)
– Comfortable shoes are recommended
7. What if I decorate my cap?
Alterations are not allowed, you will not be allowed to participate unless you purchase a new cap.
8. Do you have a place that I can put my stuff during graduation? (ex. jacket, purse, etc.)
No – leave your personal items in your car or give them to a ticketed guest at your arrival.
9. Are balloons/noisemakers allowed?
No, they are a distraction for other guests.
10. What if I have guests with special accommodations?
Follow the instructions in the email sent out by the Registrar’s office by Friday, May 2nd, 2019.
11. What if I arrive late?
If guests arrive late, they will not be allowed in until there is a good stopping point in the ceremony. If a graduate misses the line-up for students, they will not be allowed to participate.
12. When will my degree, diploma, or certificate be available?
Provided that you have met all of the requirements of your degree, you will be receiving an email 4 to 6 weeks after the semester ends announcing that your degree is available. Your degree will be available at the campus indicated on your graduation application.
Call or visit the Registrar’s Office if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Contact the Registrar’s Office