Over 20 years of experience in education, project management, administration and leadership, who supports faculty and students in ensuring successful learning experiences. Substantive areas of expertise include research, promotion, training, and effective application of emerging technologies in education with a strong emphasis in active planning and design of pedagogically sound courses, training modules, and seminars in digital environments.
- Director of eLearning at South Piedmont Community College
- Director of Levine Campus Administration and – Instructional Designer at Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC
- Masters of Education: Educational Technology and Digital Competencies from La Universidad Internacional de La Rioja in Spain.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Communications – Journalism (A five-year program) Mass Media professional studies with an emphasis in journalism, radio, TV production, and public relations.
- English Teacher for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders at Emiliani Project. Bello, Antioquia – Colombia
- 2000-2021 Board Member of the Charlotte Film Society
- Foreign Films
- Global Education
- Spanish Language Specialist and voice talent for TV, radio spots, and documentaries.
Natalie comes to SPCC with expertise in professional development, technical writing, education and online curriculum design. Having been a Spanish and English instructor for almost 25 years, she strives to help people create the optimal learning experience for their students, while implementing best practices and current themes in education. Outside of SPCC, she develops online Spanish curriculum through a company based in Barcelona, Spain, focusing on providing a la carte Spanish content to instructors all around the world. Her attention to detail, commitment to designing high-quality products and learning experiences and ability to work in a fast-paced environment will assist faculty and students through her instructional design work at SPCC.
- Instructional Designer, Speaking Latino, Remote
- Online Course Developer, Union County Virtual, Monroe, NC
- Spanish Instructor, Schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Connecticut, North Carolina and South Carolina
- Masters of Education: Gratz College, Melrose Park, PA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education & Spanish: Millersville University, Millersville, PA
- Crossword Puzzles
A driven instructional designer with a passion for assisting others with developing effective learning experiences for students. A positive attitude with a problem-solver mentality when tackling eLearning projects and tasks. Varied professional and educational experiences that all compliment and shape my approach from front-end analysis to final evaluation. A continual learner of my craft with a persistent drive to improve my skills and make a positive impact at SPCC for faculty and students.
- Instructional Design Intern, Limestone University, Gaffney, SC
- Front Desk Coordinator/Sub-Medical Assistant, Lisa Savage, M.D., Gyn, Austin, TX
- Social Studies Teacher, Rosemary Middle School, Andrews, SC
- Social Studies Instructor Internship, North Myrtle Beach High School, NMB, SC
- Masters of Education in Learning Design and Technology: Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
- Masters in Teaching (Secondary Social Studies): Coastal Carolina University, Conway, SC
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology: Coastal Carolina University, Conway, SC
- Visiting antique stores and historical sites
- Building Lego models
- Spending time with my beautiful girls