The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care. Students practice in a dynamic environment and learn to meet individual needs that impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Graduates can apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEXRN). Employment opportunities in the global health care system include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health facilities.
Deadline for Spring 2021 Entry: August 28, 2020
All applications for the Spring 2021 Cohort must be completed by August 28, 2020. This includes TEAS testing, CNA certification, and transcripts. Applications are only available at program information sessions, dates below. Phase II applications must be turned in to Donna Papa (firstname.lastname@example.org) by appointment.
Program Application Deadline for Fall 2021 Entry: January 29, 2021
- For a complete listing of pre-requisites, admission requirements, class listing, and estimated program cost see the Associate Degree Nursing Booklet.
- Nursing Informational Session Times and Dates.
Note: Criteria are reviewed periodically and subject to change.
Course Work Emphasizes
- Effective personal and professional communication
- Patient care skills
- Safe medication calculation and administration
- Integrating knowledge of holistic needs of the patient
- The use of informatics to formulate evidence based clinical judgement
- The development of teaching plans for individuals and families
- Management of healthcare of the individual using cost effective strategies, quality improvement processes and current technologies.
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.