There is no study guide for the TABE test but students are encouraged to use the SPCC College Placement Test study guide and listed resources or seek out tutoring in the Academic Support Center prior to any testing. The TABE test is paper/pencil and timed. Prior preparation is critical to doing well on the TABE and insufficient preparation will result in non-admittance to many programs. Appointments are required for all testing services.
The following chart lists required scores to be considered for the listed programs:
|Program||Reading||Applied Math & Math Computations||Language||Grade Level Needed|
|Truck Driver Training|
|Nurse Aide **|
** Only required if non-high school graduate
TABE Retest Guidelines
Students can be granted TABE retest if:
- Student took original test section within one (1) year AND
- Student has completed one of the following remediation actions
- At least 8 hours of tutoring documented by the Academic Support Center
At least 4 content area modules in Khan Academy documented by log printout
- Student pays the $3 retest fee per section
- Student is permitted one (1) retest per test section every two (2) months
- Student may retest free-of-charge if appropriate test section was taken over one (1) year prior or a special circumstance exists
Students retesting must provide the Retest Authorization form, documentation of remediation, receipt of payment, and a photo ID at the time of the retest at which time the Enrollment Specialist will evaluate the documentation for eligibility. Enrollment Specialist or the Director of Admissions and Testing reserve the right to disallow a retest if there are questions about the validity of a request. The Director of Admissions and Testing (or designee) will determine if a special circumstance exists.