Students wishing to graduate should follow these steps:
1. Verify your eligibility to graduate
- Make sure you have completed or are enrolled in the final required courses in your program curriculum.
- On Self-Service, click on Student Planning
- Click on View Your Progress – Go to My Progress to look at your active academic program and review with an advisor as needed
- Make sure you have completed 25% of those courses in residence at SPCC
- Make sure you have earned at least a 2.0 program and overall GPA
- Students accepted into programs with competitive entrance requirements may have to meet additional program graduation criteria.
2. Apply for each degree, diploma, or certificate that you will be completing
- Log in to Self-Service and click on Graduation Overview
- Click on Apply to complete application
- Select term of completion for credential
- Print your name the way that it should appear on credential
- Phonetic spelling will assist when reading your name at commencement
- Credential location pick-up choices are Polkton, Tyson, or Monroe
- Cap and Gown directly connects you to GraduationSource to purchase regalia (Special instructions for delivery: Enter your home address, a pop-up will ask you to verify your address (use this address) AND then the screen will automatically go to “Pick-up at SPCC”) Deadline to order or have regalia checked is March 25, 2023.
- If you cannot afford your regalia, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
- Leave button ‘on’ if you will be attending commencement
- Address verification button allows you to verify or update your current address
- Number of guests (enter a number between 0 and 6 for guest tickets) *Maximum is 6 total per graduate, even if you complete multiple forms.
- Military status allows SPCC to honor military
- List any special accommodations you or your guest(s) may need.
3. If you want to participate in the commencement ceremony complete the following:
- Complete the Graduation Overview Application by March 31, 2023
- Order your regalia OR have regalia approved by the Registrar’s Office by March 25, 2023
- Pay the $15 commencement fee and clear any debts through the Business Office (704-290-5849 or 704-272-5355)
4. Plan to attend one of the Graduation Fairs
- Polkton Graduation Fair – April 11, 2023 from 9 am to 6:30 pm
- Monroe Graduation Fair – April 13, 2023 from 9 am to 6:30 pm
At the Graduation Fair, you will receive your previously ordered regalia, pay any outstanding fees, and receive commencement instructions and tickets