2024 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 11, 2024
South Piedmont Community College Old Charlotte Highway Campus
Time: 9:00 a.m.
The 2024 commencement includes degree, diploma, and certificate graduates from the 2023 Fall semester and potential graduates from the 2024 Spring and upcoming 2024 Summer semesters.
Graduates will have the opportunity to walk across the stage while their name is called and have their photo taken with the SPCC President.
The ceremony will be available on livestream for friends and families that are unable to attend in-person. Visit the SPCC main webpage on May 11, 2024 to view the livestream ceremony.
All graduation and commencement communication will be sent via SPCC email.
Regalia – Deadline March 8, 2024
- Any regalia not purchased through Herffjones (link coming) must be approved by the Registrar’s Office. Contact the Registrar’s Office at 704-272-5328 or email@example.com to set up a time to bring your regalia to campus for approval.
- If purchasing regalia poses a financial hardship, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 704-272-5328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regalia orders will be mailed to SPCC and available for pick-up at the Graduation Fairs.
Graduation Application – Deadline April 5, 2024
- Log in to Self-Service and click on Graduation Overview Self-Service
Special accommodations for you or your guest(s) can be requested on the graduation form or by emailing email@example.com. Please include the graduate’s name.
- Graduates need to arrive at the OCH Main building at least 1 hour before the ceremony start time. Upon arrival, graduates will proceed to the check-in table inside the Main Building.
- Dress appropriately. Commencement is a formal event and appropriate attire is expected. You will be standing for periods of time, navigating stairs and walking outside on uneven grass and concrete. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended (not responsible for damaged footwear). Caps should be worn to rest FLAT on your head, with the tassel hanging over your right eye.
- Do not bring personal belongings other than regalia.
- Campus will open for parking at 7:00 am. Arrive with parking pass on rearview mirror.
- Security and SPCC staff will direct graduates and guests.
- The ceremony typically lasts one to two hour.
- Graduates will participate in the processional, speeches, awarding of credentials (Graduates will remain in their seats during the entire event) and recessional.
- Guests may meet their graduates outside the main building after the completion of the recessional.
Graduation Photos of all participating graduates will be taken by: Classic Photography https://classic-photo.com/. Students will receive an email after commencement with information to purchase photos.
Tickets and parking passes are required for entrance to the commencement ceremony. Each 2024 graduate will receive up to 6 guest tickets as requested on their graduation form. Tickets, parking passes, and commencement instructions will be given to graduates at the graduation fair.
- Graduates will receive a parking pass, but do not need a ticket
- Pictures of tickets will not be accepted
- Children under the age of 4 do not need a ticket if they sit on a ticketed guests lap
- There will be room at the back of the audience for guests with strollers
- If there are extra seats available, an email will be sent to the graduate’s SPCC email with information about a lottery
Degree, diploma, or certificate
Provided that you have met all of the requirements for your credential, an email will be sent to your SPCC email 2 to 4 weeks after commencement. Your credential will be available for pick-up at the location you designated on your Graduation Form.
If you are unable to pick-up your credential, you can designate someone else to pick-up your credential by emailing the designees name to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call the business office (704-290-5849 or 704-272-5355) to pay to have your credential mailed to you. The fee for mailing just a credential is $5. The fee for mailing the hardcover case is $10.
** The actual DATE of SPCC graduation for students will be as follows:
- The first day of the term for students completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between terms.
- Mid-term for completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between the first day of the term and mid-term.
- The last day of the term for completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between mid-term and the last day of the term.
Contact the Registrar’s Office at phone # 704-272-5328 or email@example.com if you have any questions.