Graduation is the completion of all your degree, diploma, and/or certificate requirements. When you apply for graduation completion, you are not registering for participation in commencement.
Commencement is a ceremony that celebrates the completion of your academic achievement. To participate in the commencement ceremony, students must complete the graduation application, and order regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) by posted deadlines.
Credential is the proof of someone’s abilities and experiences. (Certificate, Diploma or Degree)
The Commencement ceremony is conducted at the end of the Spring semester and includes graduates from the previous Fall semester and potential graduates from the current Spring and upcoming Summer semesters.
SPCC 2024 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 11, 2024
Reception: Graduates and guests are invited to attend a celebratory reception immediately following the commencement ceremony. The reception will be hosted on the back patio of the Main Building.
- The deadline to purchase regalia is March 8, 2024
- The deadline to complete the Graduation Application is April 5, 2024
Polkton Graduation Fair TBD
Monroe Graduation Fair TBD
** The actual DATE of SPCC graduation for students will be as follows:
- The first day of the term for students completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between terms.
- Mid-term for completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between the first day of the term and mid-term.
- The last day of the term for completing credential requirements including official High School transcript graduation dates between mid-term and the last day of the term.