Our Disability Services site is currently being updated and will transition to Accessibility Services. In the interim, if you are seeking accommodations for disability services, please email our counselors at email@example.com from your SPCC email account. The SPCC Counselors can further assist you through this process. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The responsibility of Disability Services is to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities at South Piedmont Community College. Counselors are the official contact for students with disabilities who request services and/or accommodations to participate in college programs and services. Counselors serve as advocates for these individuals and ensure that qualified students have physical and programmatic access to all college programs and services.
Disability Services Locations:
- Old Charlotte Highway Campus (OCH), Monroe: Main Building, Student Affairs
- L.L. Polk Campus (LLP), Polkton: Garibaldi Building, Room 266
- Tyson Family Center (Tyson), Monroe: Room 1403
Counselors are available to meet virtually, by phone, or in person. Appointments are encouraged.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to equal access to programs, classes, and facilities.
- You have the right to have reasonable accommodations provided.
- You have the same rights granted to every student at South Piedmont Community College.
- You must disclose your disability to receive services.
- You must complete an application for services and provide up-to-date documentation of your disability from a qualified provider.
- You must request specific accommodations.
- You must meet with the counselor when appointments are scheduled.
- You must pick up, complete, and return any Disability Services paperwork at the beginning of each term to activate services during each semester.
- You must comply with all policies, codes, and regulations of South Piedmont Community College.