Transfer Student Resources

Transfer Degrees

South Piedmont Community College offers specific programs to students that are designed to transfer to many of the four-year colleges and universities in the state of North Carolina.  Our transfer degrees include the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts.

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students.  Below are the public universities that participate in the CAA, and the links to their four-year plans for NC community college students.

NC public universities that participate in the CAA:

Interested in one of the UNC System schools, but need your degree online? Use this tool to search for online programs in North Carolina: UNC System Online Degree Search (click here)

Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

The Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (ICAA) between the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and the Signatory Institutions of North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) is intended to provide smooth transfer for community college students who wish to continue their education at an NCICU Signatory Institution.  The ultimate goal of this agreement is the seamless articulation from the community college to the NCICU institution with minimal loss of credit or repetition of work.

NC private colleges and universities that participate in the ICAA:

  • Barton College
  • Belmont Abby College
  • Bennett College
  • Brevard College
  • Campbell University
  • Catawba College
  • Chowan University
  • Gardner-Webb University
  • Greensboro College
  • Guilford College
  • High Point University
  • Lees-McRae College
  • Lenoir-Rhyne University
  • Livingstone College
  • Mars Hill University
  • Meredith University
  • Montreat College
  • North Carolina Wesleyan College
  • Pfeiffer University
  • Queens University of Charlotte
  • Salem College
  • Shaw University
  • St. Andrews University
  • University of Mount Olive
  • William Peace University
  • Wingate University

Uniform Articulation Agreements

Uniform Articulation Agreements are between The University of North Carolina public schools and/ or the North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities and the North Carolina Community College System. For more information about North Carolina Uniform Articulation Agreements, click here.

  • Associate in General Education – Nursing
  • RN-BSN

NC public universities:

NC independent colleges and universities:

  • Early Childhood Education – Articulation Agreement between University of North Carolina Baccalaureate of Birth-Kindergarten and Early Childhood Programs and North Carolina Community College System Applied Associate in Early Childhood

Career and Technical Transfer Agreements

For students with Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees seeking to further their education after graduation, South Piedmont Community College (SPCC) has signed agreements with four year institutions which will accept credit for classes taken at SPCC.

Below is a list of these agreements by program of study. Other institutions not listed below may accept credit for classes taken at SPCC in one of our AAS degrees. If you plan to transfer, it is recommended that you contact the four year institution before making academic transferring plans.  Keep in mind agreements are subject to change.  Always contact the school you wish to transfer to for the most updated information.

Associate DegreeFour-year InstitutionDegree
Accounting, Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology, Business Administration, Information Technology, Criminal Justice Technology, Early Childhood Education, Electrical Systems Technology, Human Services Technology, Medical Office Administration, Paralegal Technology, School-Age EducationUNC – GreensboroRelated Baccalaureate degree
AgribusinessUniversity of Northwestern OhioBusiness Administration with Agribusiness Management Concentration
AgribusinessNCA&TSUBS in Agricultural Education (Agricultural Professional Service) OR BS in Agricultural Education (Secondary Education)
Air Conditioning, Heating, and RefrigerationFerris State UniversityBS in HVACR Engineering Technology
Any AAS DegreeMount OliveUp to 64 credit hours
Any AAS DegreeColumbia CollegeEvaluated individually
Business AdministrationUNC - PembrokeBusiness Administration
Business AdministrationCatawba CollegeBusiness Administration School of Evening and Graduate Studies)
Business Administration, Information Technology, Criminal Justice TechnologyDeVry UniversityBS in Technical Management, BS in Business Administration, BS in Computer Information Systems, BS in Network and Communications Management, BS in Justice Administration
Criminal Justice TechnologyLees McRaeB.A.A.S. in Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice TechnologyUNC - PembrokeCriminal Justice
Criminal Justice TechnologyPfeiffer UniversityBS in Criminal Justice
Early Childhood EducationEast Carolina UniversityBS in Birth though Kindergarten
Early Childhood EducationBarton CollegeB-K Education
Early Childhood EducationUNC - CharlotteBA in Child and Family Development with recommendation for the B-K teaching license
Electrical Systems TechnologyUNC - CharlotteElectrical Engineering Technology
Human Services TechnologyColumbia CollegeBA in Human Services
Human Services TechnologyUNC - PembrokeSociology
Human Services TechnologyPfeiffer UniversityBA in Human Relations
Human Services TechnologyQueens UniversityBA in Human Serve Studies
Information TechnologyMiddle Georgia State UniversityBS Information Technology
Mechanical Engineering TechnologyUNC - CharlotteMechanical Engineering Technology
What's My Path?