“On behalf of everyone at South Piedmont Community College, I offer my most heartfelt congratulations to our graduates and their families. With credentials our graduates have earned, they are prepared to succeed at higher levels of study, in the workforce, or wherever their dreams may take them,” said President Dr. Maria Pharr.
Degree, diploma, and certificate graduates from the fall 2022 semester and potential graduates from the spring 2023 and summer 2023 semesters will participate in commencement.
The first ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. at the Old Charlotte Highway campus, 4209 Old Charlotte Highway in Monroe. Friends and family may also watch via livestream available at the following link:
A ceremony for graduates of South Piedmont’s School of College & Career Readiness will take place at 3 p.m., also at the Old Charlotte Highway campus. That ceremony will be livestreamed here:
More information on commencement can be found at https://spcc.edu/student-resources/graduation/2023commencement/.
The guest speaker for the first ceremony will be Dr. William S. Carver II, who has more than three decades of experience in higher education. He retired as president of Nash Community College in 2019 and most recently served as interim president of the North Carolina Community College System.
Here is a closer look at the graduating class:
- 411 graduates
- 85 high school equivalency graduates
- 13 food service academy graduates
- 505 degrees, diplomas, and certificates to be awarded, including the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate Degree in Nursing, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Cyber Crime, Early Childhood Education, Human Services, HVAC, Information Technology, and Medical Sonography
- Graduates range in age from 15 to 62.
- Students plan to transfer to institutions including Wingate University, the University of North Carolina Charlotte, Appalachian State University and the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
For more information on South Piedmont Community College, visit spcc.edu.