Applications are now open for a special QuickBooks Boot Camp program exclusively for small business owners seeking to take their knowledge to the next level when it comes to maintaining their books. The deadline to apply and be considered for this program is October 14. Space is limited.
The QuickBooks Boot Camp program is an exclusive, no cost, virtual education program that will provide a comprehensive understanding of managing accounting with QuickBooks. As a small business owner, keeping track of your finances is critical for success. Haphazard spreadsheets and unorganized piles of receipts isn’t the way. Automate your accounting with QuickBooks to save time, money and simplify the management of your taxes. Discover how to use reports to monitor and track the financial health of your business and avoid unexpected surprises.
In this program participants will learn how to:
- Set up a new QuickBooks company file
- Enter day-to-day transactions such as accounts receivable invoices, accounts payable vendor bills, and other transactions
- Simplify and maintain their chart of accounts
- Process bank reconciliations
- Use other powerful overlooked features in QuickBooks
If you’re a small business owner located in Union or Anson County that is looking to automate and streamline your accounting process with QuickBooks this program is for you!
Session Time / Dates:
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM / Monday, November 7, 2022
8:30 AM – 11:30AM / Tuesday, November 8, 2022
8:30 AM – 11:30AM / Wednesday, November 9, 2022
8:30 AM – 11:30AM / Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Participant must be a North Carolina business owner. Preference given to businesses operating in Union or Anson County.
- Participant must have basic computer skills and a laptop or desktop computer with internet access.
- Participants MUST be able to attend all sessions. Virtual training dates are: Monday – Thursday, November 7 – 10.
- Participants understand to successfully complete the program they will need to purchase a print or ebook at a nominal fee.
Those accepted will be enrolled into the program at no cost. The tuition fee, a $199 value, will be supported by the Small Business Center. Those accepted will be responsible for purchasing the textbook for the program.
Christine A. Cook Carlini, CPA is a Certified Public Accountant in Lake Park, North Carolina and former corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Well-versed in her field, she holds additional certifications in bookkeeping and tax preparation, and she is a member of the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association.
As a former Director of Administration and Financial Services, Christine served as a local college’s Chief Financial Officer and oversaw budgets, forecasting, departmental expenditures and student financial services. She also served as a member of the college’s Executive Committee.
Ms. Carlini, a native of Sacramento, California, attended California State University – Sacramento and earned her Bachelor of Science of Business from the University of North Carolina – Charlotte. She was the Charlotte branch office manager for Bourne & Company, an investment banking firm, and Accounting Manager for both Collins & Aikman and London Bridge Software Systems before joining Bank of America in 2001. At Bank of America, in addition to working with Regulatory Reporting, Christine served as Vice President and Senior Financial Analyst in the Finance, Consumer Real Estate Finance and Global Corporate Investment Banking Departments. Experienced in organizing and supervising accounting processes and in forecasting as well as in supervisory management, Ms. Carlini won a Bank of America Team award for
performance on the bank’s 2003 Regulatory Reporting Platform Project and a Medallion Award for review activities performed on the 2001 Annual Report.
Christine belongs to and is involved in:
• North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)