If you are searching to share your expertise to help entrepreneurs achieve their business goals, South Piedmont’s Small Business Center has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you! Join our team as a Virtual Volunteer Business Counselor and help assist aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners to plan, launch, and grow local businesses.
As a member of our Volunteer Counseling team, you will assist entrepreneurs virtually using WebEx to meet one-on-one to provide online counsel and coaching to clients of the Small Business Center. We know your time is valuable and as such our volunteer counseling opportunities seek no more than three hours a month of service with a year long commitment. Three hours a month is not a lot to give back but just one hour of your time providing advisement and direction is invaluable to a client.
PROCESS TO BECOME A VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER:
- Potential volunteers should complete and submit the SBC Virtual Volunteer Application.
- Your application will be reviewed and compared to the SBC’s current needs.
- SBC will interview you to determine best placement and timeframe for desired activities.
- If approved by the director, you will need to complete and sign the following volunteer forms:
- After the above paperwork is processed, the SBC program assistant will schedule an orientation date to acquaint you with Small Business Center counseling procedures and the online tool to be used for virtual counseling (Webex).
- Volunteer activities will begin.