Get Paid to Go to College while in High School!
Pre-Apprenticeship Program Qualifications
- Rising High School Senior
- Current GPA must be at least a 2.5. Student must have a minimum 2.8 GPA at Graduation to be considered for the Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- Sufficient High School Credits to allow Community College courses in Senior schedule.
- Be able to attend a 3-4 week summer program beginning on June 18, 2018
Coursework during the Pre-Apprenticeship Program will be designed to work with degree programs. Some of the coursework may include:
Introduction to PLC
Pre-Apprenticeship Program Overview
- Student takes morning classes at High School while afternoon is split between classes at SPCC and working at Greiner Bio-One, or other partner company.
- Student is paid for approximately 20 hours per week which is a combination of training, attending classes and work.
- Fall Classes at SPCC would begin Mid-August, 2018
- Students receive High School Credit for their Community College Courses
- Provides a potential opportunity to be selected for Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Provides hands on training to develop technical skills.
To learn more, contact:
Russell Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about apprenticeship opportunities. Or visit our apprenticeship page for more information.