Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid each year at fafsa.gov
- There is no charge to complete the FAFSA and, by doing so, the student will be considered for the Federal Pell grant and state grants including the North Carolina Community College grant and North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship grant.
- In order to apply for financial aid, you will need:
A copy of your federal tax return from the previous year. In other words, if you are applying for the 2019-2020 school year, you will need a copy of your 2017 federal tax return and W2 forms. Students under the age of 24 must provide copies of their parents’ tax returns as well as their own. Verification of any forms of untaxed income, such as child support, workers compensation, alimony, 1099 miscellaneous income form, etc.
- The award year includes fall, spring and summer terms
- SPCC’s school code is: 007985
- The FAFSA will be processed by the Financial Aid office within 5 business days. An email notification will be sent to the student once the application is received. Additional documentation may be required to complete your financial aid file.
Submit forms to either of our Financial Aid Offices on the L.L. Polk or Old Charlotte Highway campuses.
Net Price Calculator – In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), by October 29, 2011, each postsecondary institution that participates in Title IV federal student aid programs must post a net price calculator on its website that uses institutional data to provide estimated net price information to current and prospective students and their families based on a student’s individual circumstances.
How to Contact Us