Institutional Review Board (IRB) – Application and Review Forms
Note: Documents are Adobe Fillable PDF unless otherwise noted. Download the forms, complete the fields indicated, then save and submit to the SPCC IRB.
The South Piedmont Community College (SPCC) Institutional Review Board (IRB) exists to review and support ethical research involving human participants in order to ensure that the rights of all participants are protected. The IRB seeks to ensure that all research is ethical, confidential, voluntary, and poses minimal risk of harm to participants.
Research involving SPCC students and employees must be reviewed by the SPCC IRB. Additional information about the review process is provided in the IRB Application Instructions below. Contact us with questions at IRB@spcc.edu.
Instructions and Application for the Researcher
Informed Consent Forms
- IRB Informed Consent Form
- IRB Informed Consent Parent-Minor Form – All minors involved in a study will be required to submit a parent-minor informed consent form before they can participate in a study.
Additional Documents for the Researcher
- IRB Renewal Application – to apply for additional time to complete an approved research project
- IRB Closure Application – to close an approved research project at its conclusion
- IRB Unexpected Event Report Form – to report an unexpected event that occurs during approved research