Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Scholarship
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) scholarship helps community college students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a continuing education student in a high-demand workforce training program that will lead to a state or industry-recognized credential, you may be eligible for a GEER scholarship.
The GEER continuing education scholarship awards up to $750, or the cost of the program — whichever is more. The scholarship can help cover the cost of:
- books and supplies
- credentialing tests
- child care
- other costs of attendance
- North Carolina resident
- Currently enrolled or able to enroll in an eligible continuing education program or course:
- at least 96 credit hours
- leads to a state or industry-recognized credential
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Medical Services
- Information Technology
- Fire and Rescue Services
How to get started
- Applicants need to apply for admission to South Piedmont Community College and complete residency determination through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS).
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use South Piedmont’s code: 007985
For more info about taking advantage of the GEER scholarship at South Piedmont Community College, contact the Financial Aid Office.