The SPCC Testing Center offers proctoring services under special circumstances.
This service is available to on-site and off-site faculty and students for the administration of make-up testing, accommodation testing, and external agency testing. The Testing Center is not capable of testing entire classes or serving as a “substitute” for absent instructors. Under special circumstances, the Testing Center will consider proctoring on-line math course examinations when the faculty member does not reside in our service area.
Instructor procedure for test proctoring:
- Confirm availability of requested test dates with Testing Center at email@example.com.
- Institutions or faculty must complete the SPCC Test Proctoring form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The institution or faculty notifies the student of the testing timeframe and instructs student to schedule an appointment with SPCC’s Testing Center.
- The institution/faculty requesting testing support is responsible for providing all tests and testing-related materials. This includes any special instruments, blue books, tables, graphs, text, etc., as well as a return addressed postage-paid envelopes. All correspondence and tests must contain the student’s full name, course information, instructor name, institution name, and contact information (phone number and email).
- Some institutions require the student to find a proctoring site, but ultimately that institution must provide the proctor request and test material.
Student procedures for proctored exams are as follows:
- All students must schedule an appointment for a proctored exam.
- Students arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes prior to testing time with:
- valid photo ID
- proof of proctoring fee payment (Non-SPCC students are required to pay a $20 proctoring fee at the Business Office)
- if required, return addressed postage-paid envelope for returning test
- Students are encouraged not to bring unnecessary items to the test. Student’s personal belongings will be locked in a secure location outside the testing room.