Get help Choosing a Major
Take career assessments or browse careers in our area to see in-demand jobs and salaries. Discover what fits you and find out what training you need to get started.
Access the job board, listen to career podcasts, build a career portfolio, and build or update your resume by activating your account in College Central Network. For further assistance with career exploration, job searching, resume writing, and interviewing, you may schedule an appointment with a counselor in Aviso or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolling at SPCC
Admissions is available virtually, by email, phone, or in person. Don’t forget Navi, our automated Success Navigator, has a lot of answers to your questions look for the green button at the bottom right of the webpage.
Aug. 6 the College is closed for Convocation.
The college is closed on Fridays until July 31, 2021.
Hours beginning Aug. 2
Monday-Thursday 8 am to 5 pm
Friday 8 am to 3 pm
Our Success Navigators are happy to answer questions and assist you with getting started at SPCC.
Amanda Secrest, Director of Admissions and Testing
- New students will need to complete the admissions process by clicking on the appropriate box. You are welcome to contact admissions at email@example.com or 704-290-5100 for any questions or assistance.
- Your SPCC student account will be created within 48 business hours after your admissions application has been processed.
- Check your personal email for updates from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your admission status.
- Once you receive a final email from email@example.com that your file is complete, you are ready to register through your SPCC provided Go! Student Portal.
Academic Advising is available virtually through email or Skype.
Financial Aid Services are available virtually, by email, Skype, or phone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Allison Wilkinson, Financial Aid Technician II (Child Care Grants)
Tammi Smith, Financial Aid Technician (Work study and Veteran’s Benefits)
Emily Jarrell, Director of Financial Aid and Veteran’s Affairs
Chat with us by clicking on CHAT.
Students may apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
Helpful videos including “How to Create a FSA ID” and “Using the myStudentAid Mobile App” can be found on our website.
Registration for Fall 2021 is open. The Fall semester begins on August 9, 2021.
- Current Students:
- New Students:
- New students will need to complete the admissions process if you have not done so already, which will enable you to register for classes.
- Once the admissions process is completed, then you are ready to register for classes through your SPCC provided Go Portal or you may contact Academic Advising for an advising appointment:
- Phone: 704-290-5213
- Email: email@example.com
Please have payment or payment arrangements for Fall 2021 classes in place by the payment due date of July 26.
- Payment options can be found here
- Phone: 704-272-5355 or 704-272-5354
Testing Centers are open in compliance with social distancing guidelines to current and prospective South Piedmont students. Appointments can be made for all in-person testing on the testing center webpage.
RISE, TEAS, and CASA testing are available on Wednesday only in a virtual testing session.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Resources to get Started
Hours of Operation
View the bookstore hours here: https://spcc.edu/student-resources/bookstore/
For questions or alternate arrangements, please call 704–290–5848. Social distancing will be required inside the bookstore and the number of customers will be monitored.
Students may order books online: https://www.bkstr.com/spccstore/home
Spring Textbook Orders
Students can place textbook orders at www.spccshop.com. Students can order before December 17 using a credit card. Starting December 17, students can begin using their financial aid. Students can call the Bookstore at 704-290-5848 if they have questions about their orders. Textbooks can be picked up at the back door of the OCH Bookstore between 10 am to 2 pm Monday through Friday, January 4th – 8th and January 11th -15th. Students can also have their orders shipped to them at a cost of $7.50.
The following payment options are available: cash, check, credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, VISA), Sponsorship (WIA, TAA, VR, etc.) and Financial Aid (Pell Grant, Scholarship, Private Loan).
Payments can be made by credit card through go.spcc.edu or over the phone. Payments by check – including driver’s license and phone numbers – may be mailed to SPCC, Attn: Business Office, P.O. Box 126, Polkton, NC 28135; or a payment plan may be set up with NelNet Payment Solutions on go.spcc.edu.
SPCC accepts credit card payment by phone from the cardholder only.
Ms. Bree Bowers
Ms. Amy Williams
Toll free: 1-800-766-0319 (ask for Business Office)
Payments can be made at our Old Charlotte Highway Campus (OCH), located at 4221 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe, NC 28110 in the Main Building OR our L.L.Polk Campus (LLP), located at 680 US 74, Polkton, NC 28135 in the Garibaldi Building.
Adult Basic Skills
To register for High School Equivalency classes, please click here. If you have questions please call:
- Carilyn Raymond: 704-290-5263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPCC Library staff are available to virtually assist students Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 7:30 pm. On Fridays, the libraries offer virtual services from 8 am – 3 pm.
SPCC libraries may be reached by phone, chat, or email during business hours to assist students with services such as renewing materials or for help with research assignments.
Horne Library (Polkton)
Carpenter Library (Monroe)
Virtual chat: Visit the website at www.spcc.edu/libraries
- Many SPCC Libraries’ resources are available 24/7 online from our library website. Here you will find links to specific resource pages. Below are frequently accessed resources:
- Course Research Guides: The library has course-specific pages that provide links to handpicked library databases to help you complete your research assignments. These guides also provide assistance with picking a research topic, evaluating websites, and helping to cite your sources.
- Citation Styles: This link will help you cite your sources and format your paper for APA or MLA format.
- Library Databases: This link will take you to an A-Z list of all the library’s online databases.
- Library FAQ: For other library-related information, please visit this FAQ link.
- Library Contact Information: This link will give you all methods of communication with the library.
- As a reminder, the library can help reset student passwords should you have trouble accessing your college accounts (i.e. Moodle, Go! Student Portal, Email).