An Important Change Coming to the SPCC Bookstore
Beginning this summer, the College is transitioning away from our current physical and online bookstore model to a fee-based approach with partner BibliU. As a result, the current OCH and LLP bookstores will be closing, and the online bookstore has closed. The last day for the OCH Bookstore was Monday, May 16, 2022 and the last day for the LLP Bookstore on the Polkton campus was Thursday, May 12, 2022.
BibliU is a platform that will:
- Provide access to textbooks and many course resources through a mobile-friendly app and directly through Moodle.
- Allow you to search across all of your books and resources.
- Allow you to annotate your books and resources as you read them.
- Provide feedback to instructors designed to help them support your learning.
- Provide a flat, predictable, low cost per course for all materials—fees will be added to your bills, and you may use financial aid.
What does this mean for you?
There is no need to go to the bookstore or order books online. Your resources will appear in your courses on the first day of your classes and are available via the BibliU tile (found embedded into the SPCC Navigate App).
- You will see a $50 fee for “digital course materials” added to each course to cover costs. Financial aid will cover this fee, so be sure to complete your financial aid applications!
Soon, you will see more information, including answers to frequently asked questions.
Adoption of BibliU is the latest of technology and process improvements designed to support your learning. Our goals are to provide innovative, flexible, and individualized learning experiences and to remove barriers or hurdles that may influence your educational journeys. SPCC’s partnership with BibliU reduces costs, supports your success, and increases your control over your learning.
We will continue to provide your course materials, supplies, textbooks and more!
More information coming soon!