The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care. Students practice in a dynamic environment and learn to meet individual needs that impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential. Further information about the program can be found in the Student Handbook.
Graduates can apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEXRN). Employment opportunities in the global health care system include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health facilities.
Associate Degree Nursing Admission Information
UPDATE: Deadline for Fall 2023 is February 3, 2023
All applications for the Fall 2023 Cohort must be completed by February 3, 2023. This includes TEAS testing, CNA certification, and transcripts. Applications are only available by viewing the Associate Degree Nursing information session video and completing the accompanying quiz, information below.
Phase II applications must be turned in to Donna Papa (email@example.com) by appointment.
For a complete listing of pre-requisites, admission requirements, class listing, and estimated program cost for Fall 2023 entry can be found in the Associate Degree Nursing Booklet.
To apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program you must:
Attend an Associate Degree Nursing Information Session for the Fall 2023 cohort by clicking the link below.
Associate Degree Nursing Information Session Video
Complete the Associate Degree Nursing Information Session Quiz after viewing the Video by clicking the link below.
Associate Degree Nursing Information Session Quiz
Note: Criteria are reviewed periodically and subject to change.
Course Work Emphasizes
- Effective personal and professional communication
- Patient care skills
- Safe medication calculation and administration
- Integrating knowledge of holistic needs of the patient
- The use of informatics to formulate evidence based clinical judgement
- The development of teaching plans for individuals and families
- Management of healthcare of the individual using cost effective strategies, quality improvement processes and current technologies.
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary healthcare team