The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care. Students practice in a dynamic environment and learn to meet individual needs that impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential. Further information about the program can be found in the Student Handbook.
Graduates can apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEXRN). Employment opportunities in the global health care system include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health facilities.
Associate Degree Nursing Admission Information
!!UPDATE!!, The application window for the Fall 2024 cohort will be January 15th, 2024 – March 15, 2024. This webpage will be updated soon, with dates and information for the Fall 2024 cohort entry.
For a complete listing of pre-requisites, admission requirements, class listing, and estimated program cost can be found in the Associate Degree Nursing Booklet.
To apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program you must:
Attend an Associate Degree Nursing Information Session for the Fall 2024 cohort by clicking the link below. ** Important note: CIS 110 as mentioned in the video is no longer required for the ADN program. Additionally, the COVID vaccine is only recommended, not required**
Associate Degree Nursing Information Session Video
UPDATE: the Information Session Quiz will be reopened at a later date for students interested in applying to the Fall 2024 Cohort. The Information Session Video is still accessible for those inquiring about the program and the requirements necessary for applying.
Note: Criteria are reviewed periodically and subject to change.
Course Work Emphasizes
- Effective personal and professional communication
- Patient care skills
- Safe medication calculation and administration
- Integrating knowledge of holistic needs of the patient
- The use of informatics to formulate evidence based clinical judgement
- The development of teaching plans for individuals and families
- Management of healthcare of the individual using cost effective strategies, quality improvement processes and current technologies.
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary healthcare team