Associate Degree Nursing
The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a dynamic environment, and to meet individual needs which impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEXRN). Employment opportunities are vast within the global health care system and may include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health facilities.
Application Deadline for Fall 2019 Entry: February 12, 2019
- For information on applying to SPCC and/or or this program, please see Requirements for Health Program Admissions.
- For a complete listing of pre-requisites, admission requirements, class listing, and estimated program cost click Associate Degree Nursing Booklet.
Note: Criteria is reviewed periodically and is subject to change.
Course Work Emphasizes
- Effective personal and professional communication
- Patient care skills
- Safe medication calculation and administration
- Integrating knowledge of holistic needs of the
- The use of informatics to formulate evidence based clinical judgements
- The development of teaching plans for individuals and families
- Management of healthcare of the individual using cost effective strategies, quality improves processes and current technologies.
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Degree, Diploma, Certificate
- Associates in Applied Science Degree
- Registered nurse
- Physician offices
- Nursing care facilities
- Home health care services
- Employment services
- Government agencies
- Outpatient care facilities
- Educational services
- Social assistance
Associate Degree Nursing Program Contacts