The Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) provides out-of-hospital care in medical emergencies.
Emergency Medical Responders (EMRs) typically respond as a member of a Fire Department to assist on medical calls in their communities. EMRs provide basic medical care and life support in situations where EMTs or Paramedics are not immediately available.
Students who successfully complete the course will be qualified to take the state or national certification test for Emergency Medical Responder. Instructional time includes class work and hands-on lab skills necessary to provide emergency medical care. Successful students may choose to go on to complete the EMT Basic certification.
Upcoming 2022-2023 Courses
9/12/2022 – 12/14/2022
|Mon, Wed||6-10pm||Monroe Campus |
See “Registration” for instructions to apply.
- High school diploma, high school equivalency, or GED.
- Completed CASAS reading comprehension evaluation assessing basic reading comprehension skills at minimum at the tenth-grade level within the past 12 months prior to the start date.
CASAS evaluation is required regardless of education level.
- Must be 17 years of age on or before the official end date of the course
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Other Required Materials and Supplies
- Computer laptop, tablet, or iPad with WiFi capable of meeting technical requirements to run required software.
or in person at OCH- Monroe, Mobile Unit 6, room 2809.
Do not send links to documents. Registration forms are not provided until all documentation has been submitted. Registrations are conducted on a first-come, first-served basis of completed steps listed in the checklist. We cannot reserve or save seats for anyone.
*Affiliates of a North Carolina Fire, Rescue, or EMS agency may be eligible for the Class Registration Fee Exemption.
Class Registration (Unless Fee Exempt)* $180.00
ConEd Accident Insurance $1.40
EMS Lab Fee $40.00
CPR: Healthcare Provider (BLS) $15.00
PHTLS for First Responders $15.00
Total Paid to Business Office $251.40
|EMR Textbook (estimate)||$108.71|
|Total Costs Combined: (estimate)||$360.11|
Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care – Navigate Essentials Access, Seventh Edition. ISBN: 9781284230789
OCH Campus, Building B: 4209 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe, NC 28110
For more information, contact:
- Rhonda Weaver 704-993-2407 for application /registration questions email@example.com
- Chris Floto 704-290-2417 for schedule, COMPLIO and vaccination questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Bishop 704-290-5817 for all other class questions email@example.com
- Testing Appointments: Testing Center 704-290-5841 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Office for payments: 704-290-5849