This 8-hour course meets state requirements for certification as a Notary Public. Required for anyone interested in becoming a Notary Public for the first time, or for those who need to refresh their skills. For additional information on becoming a Notary Public in North Carolina, visit the state website at www.sosnc.gov
- Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina is required. (Available at the SPCC bookstore) – Read before class!
- Current drivers license for identification
- North Carolina statutes require that Notary Publics must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- A convicted felon is not eligible to obtain a notary license in North Carolina.
- The NC Secretary of State requires all candidates to speak, read, and write in English and present a valid government photo ID to be admitted to the course.
$81.40 plus book cost
Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina
- SPCC’S Bookstore www.spcc.edu/bookstore
- Online at www.sos.unc.edu
- Email email@example.com
- Call 919-966-4119
- Contact a bookstore
WARNING: COUNTERFEIT NOTARY MANUAL. A COUNTERFEIT NOTARY MANUAL IS BEING SOLD ONLINE. YOU CAN PURCHASE THE NC SECRETARY OF STATE’S AUTHORIZED EDITION ONLINE AT THE UNC SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT OR IN PERSON AT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOOKSTORE.
In-Person Upcoming Courses
Wednesday, Jan. 5th, 2022 TFC
Wednesday, Feb. 9th, 2022, TFC
Wednesday, Feb. 23rd, 2022, LTC
Wednesday, Mar. 23rd, 2022, TFC
Wednesday, April 20th, 2022, TFC
Friday, May 27th, 2022, TFC
|Click here to check availability|
This 3-hour course meets state requirements for certification as an Electronic Notary Public. For additional information on becoming an eNotary Public in North Carolina, visit the state website at www.sosnc.gov
Current NC Notary Public
$65.00 registration fee, includes book
Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 9am -12pm, Tyson Family Center for Technology Campus
Anyone who wants to become an eNotary Public must be a current NC Notary
Public in order to qualify for this certification.
Yes. A North Carolina Notary Public may notarize documents in any North
It may take up to 2 weeks for the application to be processed if it is completed
Upon Completion of this course and passing an exam
with a minimum grade of 80% the student will submit
application to the NC Secretary of State’s office for
certification to exercise electronic notarial acts
By Phone: 704-290-5100
In Person: Visit any of our campus locations
Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe
LTC – Lockhart Taylor Campus, Wadesboro
For more information, contact:
Degrees, Diplomas & Certificates
- Notary Public – 1 Day to Complete
- E-Notary – 3 Hours to Complete