This 7-hour course meets state requirements for certification as a Notary Public. Required for anyone interested in becoming a Notary Public for the first time, or for those who need to refresh their skills. For additional information on becoming a Notary Public in North Carolina, visit the state website at www.sosnc.com.
- Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina is required. (Available at the SPCC bookstore) – Read before class!
- Current drivers license for identification
- North Carolina statutes require that notary publics must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- A convicted felon is not eligible to obtain a notary license in North Carolina.
- The NC Secretary of State requires all candidates to speak, read, and write in English and present a valid government photo ID to be admitted to the course.
$81.40 plus book cost
Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina
- SPCC’S Bookstore www.spcc.edu/bookstore
- Online at www.sog.unc.edu
- Email email@example.com
- Call 919-966-4119
- Contact a bookstore
WARNING: COUNTERFEIT NOTARY MANUAL. A COUNTERFEIT NOTARY MANUAL IS BEING SOLD ONLINE. YOU CAN PURCHASE THE NC SECRETARY OF STATE’S AUTHORIZED EDITION ONLINE AT THE UNC SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT OR IN PERSON AT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOOKSTORE.
Upcoming CoursesOld Charlotte Highway Campus, Monroe
|June 27, 2020||Saturday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|July 23, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|August 8, 2020||Saturday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|September 28, 2020||Monday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|October 17, 2020||Saturday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|November 19, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|December 3, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|June 11, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|August 18, 2020||Tuesday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|September 3, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|October 1, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
|November 5, 2020||Thursday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
This 3-hour course meets state requirements for certification as an Electronic Notary Public. For additional information on becoming an eNotary Public in North Carolina, visit the state website at www.sosnc.com.
Current NC Notary Public
$81.40 registration fee, includes book
|July 23, 2020||Saturday||8:30am-4:00pm||OCH - Monroe Campus|
Anyone who wants to become an eNotary Public must be a current NC Notary
Public in order to qualify for this certification.
Yes. A North Carolina Notary Public may notarize documents in any North
It may take up to 2 weeks for the application to be processed if it is completed
Upon Completion of this course and passing an exam
with a minimum grade of 80% the student will submit
application to the NC Secretary of State’s office for
certification to exercise electronic notarial acts
By Phone: 704-290-5212
In Person: 4209 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe, Building A
Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe
LTC – Lockhart Taylor Campus, Wadesboro
For more information, contact:
Tara Moss, 704-290-5212
Degrees, Diplomas & Certificates
- Notary Public – 1 Day to Complete
- E-Notary – 3 Hours to Complete