This 16 week course is designed to provide the education and clinical experience for post-primary practice of Mammography. Core topics include but are not limited to, patient care (education and assessment), image production (equipment operation and quality assurance), and procedures (anatomy, physiology, pathology, mammographic positioning, special needs and imaging procedures). Students will perform mammographic examinations and duties at various clinical sites under the supervision of a Mammographer. This course is 466 hours (128 didactic hours, 338 clinical hours)
Upon completion, students may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist post-primary in Computed Tomography.
You can choose your own clinical site with submission of a completed Clinical Affiliation Agreement
It is the student’s responsibility to contact the clinical site and ensure that they can be accommodated for the clinical rotation. Some clinical sites require additional information and it is the responsibility of the student to complete and submit this information prior to enrollment.
Individuals entering this course must be a registered or registry- eligible radiologic technologist. Students must present proof of current ARRT certification.
To enroll in Mammography
- Enroll with Castle Branch (Package code is SK 18) Upload all required documentation there.
- Take the Student Medical Form to your physical exam. Once completed, upload to your Castle Branch account.
- Choose your clinical site. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the clinical site of their choice to confirm that a clinical rotation can be accommodated. Print a copy of the Clinical Affiliate Contract. Get the clinical site to sign this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The required signatures will be obtained from SPCC and a finalized contract will be sent to the clinical site.
- Once all documentation is approved by Castle Branch, complete the Registration Form and email to email@example.com
- Once you are registered, an email will be sent to you with the phone number to call to make payment.
If you want to complete your clinicals with Atrium, please contact Karyn Casper, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are completing your clinical hours with Novant you must visit their website (https://www.novanthealth.org/careers/student-programs.aspx ) and fill out the required forms a month in advance to beginning clinicals. After you have filled them out, email them to Kristen, email@example.com
- CPR Certification
- Radiation Badge
- Internet access
- Computer access with word processing (i.e. Microsoft Word)
- Appropriate scrubs and shoes for clinical
- You need to purchase books
All medical records required must be submitted through Certified Background.
DO NOT MAIL documentation or payment. Payment is accepted by phone or in person only.
$199.40 (plus cost of radiation badge (if you don’t have one), books, medical document manager, background check & drug screen)
- Mammography and Breast Imaging, 2nd Edition
Author: Olive Peart
Company: McGraw Hill
- Mammographic Imaging a Practical Guide, 4th Edition
Authors: Shelly L. Lille’, Wendy J. Marshall
Company: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Classes start every 3rd Tuesday of each month
*Paperwork must be turned in a week before the start date*
|Begin Date||End Date|
|November 17, 2020||March 9, 2021|
|December 15, 2020||April 6, 2021|
|January 19, 2021||May 11, 2021|
|February 16, 2021||June 8, 2021|
|March 16, 2021||July 6, 2021|
|April 20, 2021||August 10, 2021|
|May 18, 2021||September 7, 2021|
|June 22, 2021||October 12, 2021|
|July 20, 2021||November 9, 2021|
|August 17, 2021||December 7, 2021|
By Phone: 704-290-5255
In Person: 3509 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe
For more information, contact:
Jana Larson or Mez Chen, 704-701-0480