Due to COVID-19 April and May classes have been cancelled.
This 16-week course is designed to educate technologists in the post-primary practice of computed tomography. Core topics include but are not limited to, computed tomography procedures and equipment operation, patient care (education, preparation, orientation and positioning), patient history and assessment, contrast media usage, scout image, selectable scan parameters, and image processing and display. Students will perform computed tomography examinations and duties at various clinical sites under the supervision of computed tomography technologists. Upon completion, students may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist post-primary in Computed Tomography. Individuals entering this course must be registered as a radiologic technologist, radiation therapist, or nuclear medicine technologist. This class includes 128 didactic hours and 338 clinical hours (at a clinical site near you), for a total of 466 hours.
Approved by the ASRT for 18.5 Continuing Education Credits:
Computed Tomography 15 Category A CE’s
Topic 8 Neurologic Pathology 3.5 Category A CE’s
Upon completion, students may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist post-primary in Computed Tomography.
SPCC Previously Approved Clinical Sites You can choose your own clinical site with submission of a completed Clinical Affiliation Agreement
It is the student’s responsibility to contact the clinical site and ensure that they can be accommodated for the clinical rotation. Some clinical sites require additional information and it is the responsibility of the student to complete and submit this information prior to enrollment.
Individuals entering this course must be a registered radiologic technologist, radiation therapist, or nuclear medicine technologist. Students must present proof of current ARRT certification.
To enroll in Computed Tomography
- Enroll with Castle Branch (Package code is SK 18) Upload all required documentation there.
- Take the Student Medical Form to your physical exam. Once completed, upload to your Castle Branch account.
- Choose your clinical site. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the clinical site of their choice to confirm that a clinical rotation can be accommodated. Print a copy of the Clinical Affiliate Contract. Get the clinical site to sign this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The required signatures will be obtained from SPCC and a finalized contract will be sent to the clinical site.
- Once all documentation is approved by Castle Branch, complete the registration form and email to email@example.com
- Once you are registered, an email will be sent to you with the phone number to call to make payment.
If you are completing your clinical hours with Novant you must visit their website (https://www.novanthealth.org/careers/student-programs.aspx ) and fill out the required forms a month in advance to beginning clinicals. After you have filled them out, email them to Wendi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet access
- Computer access with word processing (i.e. Microsoft Word)
- Appropriate scrubs and shoes for clinical
- You need to purchase books
Email email@example.com or Fax 704-290-5220 clinical agreement to Wendi McCarn. All medical records required must be submitted through Certified Background.
DO NOT MAIL documentation or payment. Payment is accepted by phone or in person only.
$199.40 (plus cost of radiation badge (if you don’t have one), books, medical document manager, background check & drug screen)
- Computed Tomography for Technologists A Comprehensive Review, by Lois Romans, 1st or 2nd Edition
- Mosby’s Exam Review for Computed Tomography, 3rd Edition
|Begin Date||End Date|
|June 2, 2020||September 22, 2020|
|July 7, 2020||October 27, 2020|
|August 4, 2020||November 24, 2020|
|September 1, 2020||December 22, 2020|
*Paperwork must be turned in a week before the start date*
By Phone: 704-290-5280
In Person: 4209 Old Charlotte Highway, Monroe
For more information, contact:
Mez Chen, 704-765-8722
Wendi McCarn, 704-290-5280
Graduates should qualify for a variety of jobs, including registered radiologic technologist, radiation therapist, or nuclear medicine technologist.
- Computed Tomography – 1 Semester to Complete