SPCC’s English as a Second Language (ESOL) program provides academic opportunities for non-native English speakers who are learning to communicate in the English language. The following classes are available:
- Leveled face-to-face English Language classes that focus on improving conversation, reading, writing, and listening skills.
- Online English Language classes through Rosetta Stone®
- Citizenship classes that provide instruction in U.S. history and government, completing the N-400 application, and preparing for the USCIS oral interview.
Enrollment for ESOL
To enroll in ESOL courses, registration is required.
Please click here to register for one of the following placement testing and orientation sessions:
- February 27th : Session Full
- March 6th: Session Full
- March 27th: PM Only: Session Full
Dates for Fall Classes will be opening soon. Please check back.
New students must attend an orientation before entering in class.
If you cannot register on these days, please make an appointment with Yadira Vega-Faraj at 704-290- 5241 or email@example.com
For this information in Spanish, please click here
- Students must be 18 years of age or older*
- (students 16 or 17 please contact an ESOL staff at 704-290-5242 before making the testing appointment)
- Minor students click here for additional enrollment information.
- Take a 2 hour placement exam in:
- Reading – 1 hour
- Listening – 1 hour
- No documentation needed
Classes are available Monday through Thursday.
We offer face-to-face classes or on- line zoom classes based on student proficiency level.
If a student prefers to attend class on-line, they must have:
- An email address
- Internet access with mobile device, laptop or tablet preferred
Distance Learning Program
- Rosetta Stone
*Students must have an email address and reliable internet access!
Enrollment for Citizenship
To enroll in Citizenship courses, registration is required.
Please click here to register for one of our Citizenship courses. Or contact 704-290-5242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information regarding ESOL, or for information in Spanish, please contact Yadira Vega at 704-290-5241 or email@example.com.
- Au Pairs, please contact 704-290-5212 for programming information.