Preparing for and completing the Placement Test is an important step towards achieving your educational goals.
Beginning in 2019 Fall, most applicants will not need to complete Placement Testing. After all transcripts have been received, Admissions will determine if a student needs to complete the English and/or Math Placement Test. Most students will be placed into courses based upon:
- Unweighted high school GPA
- Completion of an Associate degree or higher
- Transferable English or Math credits from an accredited institution
- Qualifying SAT or ACT scores (taken within ten years of college enrollment)
- GED graduates during 2014 and after with a minimum score of 145 on all test sections
If placement cannot be determined or testing is necessary, students will be notified by email with further instructions on testing. Students pursuing a certificate program are not required to complete Placement Testing.
To make your testing appointment (excluding Pearson Vue), click here.
How to Contact Us:
Placement Test Retest Guidelines:
Students can be granted retest permission by the Testing Center staff if:
- Student took original RISE test section within ten years
- Student is permitted one (1) retest per test section (English or math) as long as the scores are valid (ten years)
Students retesting must provide a photo ID at the time of the retest at which time the Testing Staff will evaluate student’s retest eligibility. Testing Staff and or the Director of Admissions and Testing reserve the right to disallow a retest if there are questions about the validity of a request.