Students interested in pursuing a program of study/major MUST complete all admissions requirements prior to first-time enrollment. Once all admission requirements listed below are complete, the student will be moved to his/her program of study and may receive financial aid if eligible. Anyone wishing to register for classes prior to completing his/her admissions file may do so as a Special Credit student. Special Credit students are not eligible for financial aid. To ensure your financial aid is in place, make sure your admissions file is completed at least two weeks prior to registration
1) Complete Residency Determination System.
Your Residency Certification Number (RCN) must be provided on your application.
2) Complete the SPCC Application for Admission.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you may use our library to complete this part of the process or visit your local public library.
4) Submit official high school or high school equivalent transcripts to the SPCC Admissions Office, P.O. Box 126, Polkton, NC 28135.
5) Submit official transcripts from all colleges listed on your application.
6) Prepare for and take the College Placement Test (CPT).
7) Complete orientation.
8) Register for classes as a new student with the Advising Center.
9) Pay for your classes at the Business Office.
10) Have your Student ID made and get your parking sticker in the library and purchase your textbooks.
New students are urged to complete admissions requirements two weeks prior to registration. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements; see Admissions for details.
If you have not enrolled for two consecutive semesters (spring and fall), you must reapply for admission to the College. Copies of academic transcripts and placement tests may be required. If you have been suspended for academic or disciplinary reasons, you must consult with the Vice President of Student Services.
SPCC does not offer international student visas at this time. Students with international student visas from neighboring institutions may enroll at SPCC with official verification of full-time attendance at the original institution. SPCC does not have housing facilities, living accommodations, or associated support programs for individuals from other countries. Students are responsible for their own transportation.